Monday, April 04, 2005

 

Scott & Max

Is anyone out there a fan of Max Lucado? (If you have no idea who I'm talking about, the rest of this post won't make much sense.)

I had a chance to chat with him for a few minutes last weekend. Really a very nice man.

As it happened, last weekend I was in Abilene, Texas, and while watching the news Friday evening, I learned that he was going to be guest speaker at some society event that evening at Abilene's Civic Center.

So I jumped into my car and went down and crashed the party.

That's not quite as crazy and impulsive as it sounds; Max and I have had a couple of exchanges in the past, but we'd never met. I figured the odds of us both being in the same place at the same time were pretty remote, so I should take advantage of the opportunity.

We're not exactly best buddies or anything--he had only the vaguest recollection of our previous exchanges--but my impression of him was that he's every bit as nice in person as he comes across in his writing.

Here's Max and me. (I'm the cute one.)


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Comments:
Scott,

I think it's great you got to meet with him! I am a huge fan of his writings. He has a way of saying things in a way that make more sense to average people. (like me :)!)
 
very cool!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?