Wednesday, October 26, 2005

 

Mid-life Crisis Crashes and Burns

Last night at my writer's club meeting, one of the women asked me if I'd lost weight.

Finally, someone noticed! I've lost 40 pounds this year, and she's the first person (besides my wife, of course) to comment.

How depressing is that? I lose 40 pounds, and I don't look any different?

Anyway, then this woman goes on to mention that I look pretty cute (not her exact words, but out of decency I'll spare you her actual remark).

That should be flattering, eh?

Maybe, but this woman is about 80 years old.

So, why can't a woman half my age make a flattering remark, instead of one who's twice my age?
I thought when a guy got to his 40's, his mid-life crisis would involve young bimbos, not great-grandmothers.

Jeez, what a bummer.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?